We can't believe we actually started a blog. I have loved reading others and I'm terrible with emailing so I thought this would be a great way to keep in touch. So much is going on with the end of the school year and summer approaching. Here's a quick update on us.
Jordan bought a bunch of hockey gear on ebay and has joined a roller hockey team. He thinks he is terrible, but he has scored a goal every game. He also is on a men's softball team and having fun. He spends many evenings on the internet downloading music from itunes. His new favorite folk singer is Townes Van Zandt. Too bad he's already dead. In April he spent several nights at the computer listening to the Calgary Flames hockey games. I wasn't too sad when they lost the first round of the Stanley Cup play-offs.

I just ran my first (and possibly last) half marathon last Saturday. We started in Eden and ran through Ogden canyon. It was the most beautiful scenery. It made the race so enjoyable. I felt really well through the whole thing but then ate too many treats afterward and had an upset stomach the rest of the day. Jordan thought it looked so fun that he wants to run it next year. I told him I might do it with him.
Ellie tried out for our local theatre's production of the Wizard of Oz. She memorized a Shel Silverstein poem and performed it adorably. They asked the parents to help out during the show either backstage or being a towns person in Oz. I decided I might as well try out too if I was going to be there anyway. So I quickly rehearsed a song I sang in high school. Well, now I'm Aunt Em!! That's not quite what I expected. I was hoping for a tree or towns person with no speaking part. Ellie is so excited though, so I try to be excited too. The play runs most of July and August and we rehearse all of June. There goes our summer!! It should be fun. I figured I haven't been in a show in 17 years!! I'm a little rusty.
Ellie still reads up a storm and leads her class in the number of books read and also in passing off her times tables. She is playing softball for the first time and is getting better every game.
Cade graduates from kindergarten tomorrow. He has thoroughly enjoyed this year. He is a completely different child at school than at home. He loves his teacher and is the perfect, obedient student. He's also become quite a good reader. Jordan is coaching his soccer team this year. Cade loves soccer and is
quite the intense player. Their team was doing really well but they lost 2 games in a row and Jordan was telling Cade that losing is good because it teaches you things. Cade replied "the last two games they taught us and now I'm ready to teach them!!
Hannah is always in her own pretend world. She is a true princess. She always has some dress-up or ballet costume on. She has her first ballet/tap recital next week.
Jace is 21mths and a little stinker, but is so dang cute. He tries to do everything the big kids do
and sometimes just gets is their way. He makes messes all day long and some days I feel I just go from one disaster to the next. He loves animals and loves to read books about animals and say their sounds. He talks quite a bit and keeps us all laughing. This is a picture of him after my race. He enjoyed his ice cream bar as much as I did.
Jordan bought a bunch of hockey gear on ebay and has joined a roller hockey team. He thinks he is terrible, but he has scored a goal every game. He also is on a men's softball team and having fun. He spends many evenings on the internet downloading music from itunes. His new favorite folk singer is Townes Van Zandt. Too bad he's already dead. In April he spent several nights at the computer listening to the Calgary Flames hockey games. I wasn't too sad when they lost the first round of the Stanley Cup play-offs.

I just ran my first (and possibly last) half marathon last Saturday. We started in Eden and ran through Ogden canyon. It was the most beautiful scenery. It made the race so enjoyable. I felt really well through the whole thing but then ate too many treats afterward and had an upset stomach the rest of the day. Jordan thought it looked so fun that he wants to run it next year. I told him I might do it with him.
Ellie tried out for our local theatre's production of the Wizard of Oz. She memorized a Shel Silverstein poem and performed it adorably. They asked the parents to help out during the show either backstage or being a towns person in Oz. I decided I might as well try out too if I was going to be there anyway. So I quickly rehearsed a song I sang in high school. Well, now I'm Aunt Em!! That's not quite what I expected. I was hoping for a tree or towns person with no speaking part. Ellie is so excited though, so I try to be excited too. The play runs most of July and August and we rehearse all of June. There goes our summer!! It should be fun. I figured I haven't been in a show in 17 years!! I'm a little rusty.
Ellie still reads up a storm and leads her class in the number of books read and also in passing off her times tables. She is playing softball for the first time and is getting better every game.
Cade graduates from kindergarten tomorrow. He has thoroughly enjoyed this year. He is a completely different child at school than at home. He loves his teacher and is the perfect, obedient student. He's also become quite a good reader. Jordan is coaching his soccer team this year. Cade loves soccer and is
quite the intense player. Their team was doing really well but they lost 2 games in a row and Jordan was telling Cade that losing is good because it teaches you things. Cade replied "the last two games they taught us and now I'm ready to teach them!!Hannah is always in her own pretend world. She is a true princess. She always has some dress-up or ballet costume on. She has her first ballet/tap recital next week.
Jace is 21mths and a little stinker, but is so dang cute. He tries to do everything the big kids do
and sometimes just gets is their way. He makes messes all day long and some days I feel I just go from one disaster to the next. He loves animals and loves to read books about animals and say their sounds. He talks quite a bit and keeps us all laughing. This is a picture of him after my race. He enjoyed his ice cream bar as much as I did.
4 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world. (I'm adding you to our blogroll.) It will be nice to peek into your life. I can't believe how busy your family is. Your kids are getting so big and they're still darling of course.
Have a good summer.
You're Blogging! Good for you. We loved catching up on you and your family. I can't believe how they have grown. Ryan & I were thinking about you and Jordan the other day, wondering how you were... Well, now we know. Great to see you here!
Yeah! Congrats on your first 13.1!! I did my first in January. Too bad we don't live closer so we could run together. I'd love that! Good luck with Auntie Em! Callee :)
Love the blog!!! That's awesome you did a half marathon...way to go! I'd love to see the play, sounds like you're following in your mom's footsteps. Misty
Post a Comment